- Craft falling within the scope of the Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) must comply when first placed on the market, or put into service, in any of the following areas.
- Craft that have been placed on the market, or used in any of these areas prior to the implementation of the RCD on 16/6/98, are considered outside the scope of the Directive and thus exempt from its requirements both now and in the future.
- Though no official exemption document exists, the RCD Exemption Certificate offered by Gablemarine provides a clear statement of claim, the basis for exemption and evidence in support of exemption. Our experience shows this meets requirements of customs staff.
EEA STATES, TERRITORIES and DEPENDENCIES
The European Economic Area (EEA), includes all European Union (EU) countries plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
Austria, Bulgaria (07), Belgium, Cyprus (04), Czech Republic (04), Denmark, Estonia (04), Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary (04), Ireland (Eire), Italy, Latvia (04), Lithuania (04), Luxembourg, Malta (04), Poland (04), Portugal, Romania (07), Slovakia (04), Slovenia (04), Spain, Sweden (95), The Netherlands, United Kingdom.
EU OVERSEAS COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES
- Anguilla, Aruba, Azores,
- Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands (BVI),
- Canary Islands, Cayman Islands,
- Falkland Islands, French Overseas Departments, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antarctic Territories
- Madeira, Mayotte, Montserrat
- Netherlands Antilles (Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Saint Eustatius, Saint Maarten), New Caledonia and Dependencies
- Saint Helena and Dependencies, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands
- Turks and Caicos
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
Switzerland, though a EFTA member is not a member of the EEA. It does however require craft to comply with the requirements of the RCD in addition to local legislation.
The Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibraltar and Hong Kong are not within the EEA
Croatia, Turkey and Macedonia, though applicants for membership of the EU are not as yet, included in the EU or EEA membership.
For further information on member countries please visit the EU Commission website.